Candlecopia® has been creating soy wax melts in Tennessee since 2009. The popularity of our scented wax melts lies in their ability to deliver an unrivaled aromatic experience without the soot or flame of traditional candles.
Why Do We Use Soy Wax?
Soy wax melts address several problems associated with traditional paraffin wax and other air freshening methods. Here are some of the specific issues that soy wax melts help to solve:
1. Environmental Concerns:
- Non-Renewable Resources: Paraffin wax is made from petroleum, a non-renewable resource. Soy wax is a plant-based alternative that is biodegradable and renewable.
- Carbon Footprint: The production and use of soy wax melts involve fewer greenhouse gas emissions compared to paraffin wax.
2. Health and Safety Issues:
- Toxic Emissions: Paraffin wax can release toxic chemicals when burned. Soy wax is a cleaner option, emitting fewer toxins.
- Allergies and Respiratory Issues: The cleaner burn of soy wax reduces the risk of triggering allergies and respiratory problems.
- Burn Risks: Soy wax has a lower melting point, reducing the severity of burns if accidents occur.
3. Performance and Efficiency:
- Inefficient Scent Distribution: Soy wax has an excellent scent throw, effectively distributing fragrance in a room.
- Short Burn Time: Soy wax burns slower and lasts longer than paraffin wax, offering better value for money.
4. Quality of Indoor Air:
- Soot and Residue: Soy wax produces less soot and residue, ensuring cleaner surfaces and better air quality indoors.
- Artificial Ingredients: For those looking to avoid artificial chemicals, soy wax often contains more natural ingredients.
5. Economic and Social Issues:
- Support for Agriculture: Using soy wax supports agricultural industries, especially soy farmers.
- Local Economies: In places like the U.S., using domestically produced soy wax supports local economies and reduces import dependence.
6. Aesthetic and Practical Problems:
- Uneven Burning: Soy wax tends to burn more evenly than paraffin, reducing wastage.
- Wax Tunneling: Soy wax’s even burn helps prevent tunneling, ensuring the entire melt is used.
7. Waste and Cleanup:
- Cleanup Hassles: Soy wax is easier to clean up if spilled, as it is water-soluble.
- Waste Generation: Being biodegradable, soy wax contributes to less waste.
In conclusion, Candlecopia uses soy wax because it addresses the environmental, health, safety, and quality issues associated with paraffin wax and other types of air fresheners. We present a more sustainable, healthier, and efficient option for those looking to enhance the ambiance of their indoor spaces with delightful aromas while mitigating the associated negative impacts.